Unless we Americans earnestly and sincerely repent from the worship of self, and return humbly to God, seeking His forgiveness and mercy, Political Correctness will no longer be a voluntary thing, but a requirement delivered by the hammer of the state. Churches will have to abide by the government's guidelines, or go underground.
God is slow to anger. But the murder of over 40 million unborn children in their mother's wombs since our Supreme Court legalized abortion in 1973, has, I believe, finally worn thin with our Creator.
The American Church has failed miserably. We have allowed the secular culture to enculturate us. We are barely distinguishable from the world. The recent, rapid unleashing of the power of the state is the beginning of God's hand of judgment upon our nation. Things will get worse before they get better.
Yet true Christians will never stop living their faith. I still believe very strongly in American DNA, but the more I read and research the more I see that that DNA is rooted in the Christian faith, and until that faith is reawakened in America, no Tea Party, no state's declaration of its sovereignty, can save us.
I recently heard a woman say, "I want my country back."
I don't think that God is ready to give it back to us. We are being disciplined by a loving God.
For generations, Americans were a "good" people. Alexis deToqueville wrote that "America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, she will cease to be great." Within our lifetimes, America ceased being good. Thus the troubles on our horizon.
Our fight is not with Congress or the President. Our fight is with our selfish selves, and with God's arch-enemy, the devil, who wars against us.
I believe that God will achieve several things through the difficulties that await us.
- First and foremost, He will judge His church and set it right again.
- He will judge all of us Americans, rich and poor, for our worship of self.
- He will judge our political leaders, and their fall will be public and spectacular.
- He will judge the greedy business magnates who are the true barbarians of our day.
- He will judge the abortionists and those who promote their bloody craft.
- He will judge those who flaunt their homosexuality along with their vocal supporters.
- He will judge the hedonists who prey upon our children.
- He will judge Hollywood for their peddling of hedonism and violence.
- He will judge the media who prefer the lie over the truth.
- He will judge the educators who teach falsehoods and enslave young minds.
We must be faithful to God. And we must depend utterly upon Him for the power to remain faithful.
One thing I know. He IS faithful.